A gadget to count how many fields are empty versus non empty for all projects of a category

Mouna Hammoudi August 24, 2022

I would like to produce a table letting me know about how many fields for my Jira issues have a value versus how many are empty for all projects belonging to a given category and any issue type. Here is an example of the table that I would like to produce.

Is there any Jira gadget that I could use and that could give me this information easily? Otherwise, I could run JQL queries like this category = "Cloud Services" and issuetype = Action and summary is not empty but this will take so much time. Is there a Jira gadget or something else that could simplify my life and give me the result that I need such as the one shown in the table below? 

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Mouna Hammoudi 

With out of the box functionalities, I think that it's not possible. You could create a dashboard with 2 different Count gadgets. But you would have to create all the JQL for empty/non empty variables you want. I wouldn't go that way though..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Yep, that's true, you have to plough through them one at a time.

I've asked for this report to be added to Adaptavist's "Microscope" admin reporting app, because it would be so useful for housekeeping, improving process, and migration planning.

Suggest an answer