A cross project "project"

Deleted user June 21, 2021

We have a structure of projects that describes basic parts of our SaaS product. Now, most of Epics are clearly heading to the specific value stream, so finding the correct project is relatively easy and ability to have an issues across the projects makes the visibility of such initiatives really great. 

What I struggle with is how to assign an initiative that adds a small functionality to all projects we have, imagine adding Intercom to all parts of product. How would you structure this? A separate project sounds like too much effort (as the task itself is small). Having some "platform initiatives" project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

Yeah I don't think it is too much of a problem to maintain it in a separate project and of course you can link those individual initiatives to specific issues in other projects. If you don't want to create a separate project then creating a common project for those initiatives or other task is also another option but I feel separate project will keep things well organised in your case.

Ravi

Deleted user June 23, 2021

Okay, thanks Ravi. It seems to be the best option. Challenge would be to have a daily in a team working on two or three such projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events