2 scrum boards on a project - Inconsistent burndown charts

Sylvie Moumen January 25, 2018

Hi, I have created a second scrum board on my project one week ago as the team wanted a simplified board to follow on the daily. We had 3 kanban board and one scrim board before.

The boards all work fine showing all teh same issues on all boards.

Having 2 scrum boards, I can access the burndown charts on both boards and they are both different. 

I created the second board one week into the sprint. The initial burndown chart is now compeltely flat until that day and the new one is up-to-date until the creation date. After this day, some issues show on both, some on one only with no logic of where they appear.

Can you please tell me how this works and if I should delete teh second scrum board? If I do so, will teh data be up-to-date on the intial burndown chart?

Thanks for your answers.

2 answers

0 votes
Sylvie Moumen January 26, 2018

Now, if I remove the second scrumboard. Could it affect the sprint and the stories in the sprint? I am just afraid we could use some data.

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

Issues will get not deleted, but some data are probably affected. When you delete a board also the sprints created with this boards disappear. Best make a backup of all (Administration-> System -> Backup), first and see what happens.

Sylvie Moumen January 26, 2018

Thanks Sebastian

I created the sprint in the initial board. The sprint appears on the second board too.

I do not find the backup option. Is it because we have a cloud version?

Thanks

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

Ok - Cloud can be different. There are some features/functionalities the server version has not.

I think, I cannot help further. Can you ask the Atlassian support? For Cloud versions problems they are normally very quick.

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2018

The reason for your observation is that each Scrum board has its own sprints. Means, if you create a "Sprint A" on board "A" you will not see this sprint on board "B".

To use 2 (or more) Scrum boards on one project, its best to separate the amount of issues to left and right. For example by setting a component and adapting the board filter to either issues of component A or component B.

Mixing all up will end up in a mess.

Suggest an answer