2 questions : 1) how can I write the JQL of a jira hasn't been changed by some group ?

amy.yang April 15, 2021

Hi, Madam/Sir, 

Here I have 2 questions,please help , thanks .

1) https://zoomvideo.atlassian.net/issues/?filter=44183 For this JQL , the username is strange. someone is OK, but it will tell us some users don't exist though I do make sure they exist . Eg. User: amy.yang is ok, But Stephanie.li, Odi Cai  are not ok for this JQL. Why ? 

2)https://zoomvideo.atlassian.net/issues/?filter=44183 JQL fixVersion in ("client 5.6.3", "client 5.6.3 bug", "client 5.6.3 cc") AND status = Closed AND status changed by (amy.yang)

If I hope to filt the group that didn't close the issue in some fixversions, how need I write the JQL ?

Thanks for your help 

Best Regards/Amy

Zoom 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi Amy - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

By the way, your links go directly to your instance, which we don't have access to, and you really shouldn't share that information.  :-)

For number 1, I have seen that a few times, and I have no idea what causes it. The way to ensure it will always work is to use the account ID of the user instead of the username. 

I am not sure what you are asking in Number 2. When you execute the query, what is wrong with the results? Or what would you rather see? 

amy.yang April 15, 2021

Hi, John, 

Thanks for your prompt feedback . Yeah, you should have no access to our instance, my bad .

For number 1,  I will try account ID of the user as your suggesstion. 

For number 2,  in fact I 'd like to ask about this JQL :  Closed AND status changed by (amy.yang).  If I want to filter "NOT CHANGED BY SOME GROUP" , what SQL should I use ? Hope I expressed it clearly this time .

Best Regards/Amy 

ZOOM

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

I am afraid you will not be able to do it directly with the status field. We have a post function on the transition to the Closed Status (or Done Status) that sets the Assignee to the current user. you might be able to capture the user who marked it closed in another custom field as well. 

Then your query would look something like this:

project = JIRA and status = Closed and assignee not in membersOf(administrators)

where administrators is the name of your group in Jira. 

amy.yang April 20, 2021

Hi, John, 

Got with thanks .

Brgs/Amy

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer