unable to change the work flow from closed to reopen

Deleted user December 10, 2019

Hi 

I have draft the work flow and published. then assigned to a work flow scheme. now i need a work flow from closed to reopen. unable to map the reopen from closed2019-12-10_155807.jpg

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

There is a howling bug in the draft workflow editor functionality.  You cannot add transitions out of a step/status unless it already has at least one.

Atlassian are not going to fix it:

• It's suprisingly hard to fix as a bug
  • It only affects admins when they run into it the first time (you won't do it again, now you know!), or admins who have inherited systems with workflows built by people who did not know about it.
  • Cloud is moving away from this sort of workflow builder
  • There's a (clunky, but valid) way to fix a broken workflow - copy the workflow so that you have an "inactive" one where you don't need "draft" mode.  You'll be able to add the transition to that, then replace the old workflow in the scheme with the new one.
0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

There is a known bug in Jira that is stopping you adding that transition.  See here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/cannot-add-transitions-or-delete-steps-in-draft-workflows-203392961.html

You can work around it, by coping the workflow and adding your transition to the copy.  Then add the copy to the Workflow Scheme and delete the original workflow.  It's a pain, but as I said it's a bug...

0 votes
Deleted user December 10, 2019

my required flow is

Closed to Reopen-

Reopen to development in progress

Reopen to Ready for UAT

when connecting Closed to Reopen- unable to create a transition from closed to reopen. this is my query. getting this issue.

2019-12-10_161911.jpg

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

The Reopen status doesn't have any incoming or outgoing transitions (the grey arrow lines).

You need to create a transition from Closed to Reopen.  And then you need to define a transition from Reopen to wherever you want it to go next in the Workflow.

You can read about creating transitions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/working-with-workflows-776636540.html

0 votes
O December 10, 2019

Your "Reopen" isn't going anywhere, you need to add a transition from "Reopen" to lets say "Development in Progress" and it should work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events