reporter's can never see another reporter's issue about

serkan_sezer December 26, 2020

Hello, 

The reporter can only see the issue he has created, but another group members can see all the issues.

Reporter can never see another reporter's issue. everyone can see their own issue

How can I do this in the permissions of a project or is there a plugin that provides this action?

thank you

rule.png

4 answers

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2020

Hi @serkan_sezer ,

You should take a look on the issue security. 

With that feature you should be able to achieve this easily. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

Hi Serkan,

this sounds as it would suffice to put "Reporter" to Browse Permission, alongside with a Role (let's say) "Members".

In "Members" role (in project administration) you list all people that should see all issues.
The Reporter in that case only sees his issues, not others.

(This applies until you put the person to Members which you could wanting to do in rare cases).

Could you please test and see it was what you are looking for?

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Hi, @serkan_sezer !

As Bastian said, that is a configuration of Security Levels - you have to add a group of observers(some cool people who will see all project's issues) and a reporter(every reporter who is not in the  "group of observers" will see their own issues). 

If you'll get problems - show us your current Security Levels scheme.

0 votes
serkan_sezer December 26, 2020

Hi @Bastian Stehmann ,

thank you for your answer. But I couldn't achieve the result I wanted exactly.

firstly; created as reporter and current assigned in security scheme

Secondly; I selected reporter and current assignee in the "Set Issue Security" step in the project's permission scheme

then I matched the scheme with the project

I created a new issue. Only see the reporter and assigned. But i cant see/find my other issues

Nobody else sees the other issues and new issue in the project.

In the same project, a person can only see his "issues". But another group can see all issues. is there any other way?

thank you.

Suggest an answer