Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Developer" Custom Field for Issues - Looking for an Alternate Name

Mark Ahnell November 4, 2021

As a long time user/admin of Jira, and an independent Atlassian contractor, I have worked with many different organizations, and have seen a lot of different ways companies setup their projects.  One common theme I have seen is using Custom Fields (user picker) for storing who the "Developer", "QA Tester", "Groomer", etc., was for a particular issue.  As you all have likely seen, a Jira Issue can touch many hands along the way, and many organizations want to know who each of those people were on a Issue.  "Assignee" just gives you the last person that touched it. 

The one I have seen most often is a "Developer" Custom Field.  Since Jira is mostly used for software development, "Developer" is, for the most part, an accurate statement.  But it's not always a "Developer" that "Completes" or "Resolves" an Issue.  Could be a UIUX Designer, DBA, DevOps Engineer, or for the case of a project that is not software related, a non-technical staff member.

Here's my question/discussion topic.  I'm looking for a more general term.  Here are some I have come up with, but I'm not crazy about any of them.

• Engineer (this is a little less specific to encompass other types of technical staff)
  • Resolver
  • Completer
  • Worker
  • Worked By

Looking for any ideas anyone might have.  What does your org use?  What have you seen?

Thanks!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events