jira 7.15 upgrade to 8.6

em3r1ik February 3, 2020

Is needed to upgrade service desk from 3.15 to latest version when I would like to upgrade Jira Software from 7.15 to 8.6 or I can upgrade only Jira without upgrading Service Desk ?

Is Jira Software 8.6 support Service Desk 3.15 ?

4 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

@em3r1ik 

You don't "have to" upgrade them as they are separate applications.

You can probably upgrade Confluence to version 6.13 which is the enterprise release and it will get bug fixes for the next 2 years from its release date.

The Bitbucket enterprise release is 6.10 which you can find in the link that I shared above.

I understand upgrading is not always easy but if you have to upgrade because there is a feature you need or a bug fix then try to upgrade to the version recommended by Atlassian in their enterprise release page.

Ravi

0 votes
em3r1ik February 3, 2020

Ravi, Adrian, Thank you for response.

My stack :

• Jira v7.12.3
  • JIRA Service Desk Application v3.15.3
  • JIRA Agile v7.12.0-DAILY20180906101548
  • Confluence 6.10.0
  • Bitbucket v5.14.0

What about Confluence and Bitbucket ? It should also be updated before upgrade Jira to 8.6 or can they stay in the older version ?

Regards,

Jacek

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hi Jacek, 

When upgrading Jira both Jira Software and Jira Service desk needs to be upgraded for compatibility. You may refer to this page for more details :

For example, If you are using Jira Software 8.6.1, then Jira Service Desk needs to be upgraded to Jira 4.6.1

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further doubts or inquiries. 

Regards,
Adrian Stephen

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Hi @em3r1ik 

JSD 3.15 is compatible with Jira 7.12. 

So better to upgrade your Jira as well. You can check the compatibility here.

Ravi

Suggest an answer