how to make a jira custom field non editable

lokesh September 11, 2020

how to make a jira custom field non editable

6 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Your screen scheme is probably using the same screen for create and edit.  Split that into two separate screens, with the create screen having the field and the edit screen not.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Remove it from the "edit" screen for the project/issue-type

0 votes
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2020

You’re welcome Lakesh :)

Do you mind accepting my answer please ?

It could help other users to find their answer.

Thank you ;)

0 votes

Thank-You 

0 votes
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2020

Hello Lokesh.

You can address that during the configuration of your screens.

I usually do only two screens :

- one for editing/viewing (default)

- another one to create the issue.

To solve your problem, you can do as following :

- one for creating/editing. In this one you will not add your custom field. Hence your users will not be able to see it in that screens.

- another screen for viewing your issue. When configuring it, do not forget to put your custom field in it. Thereby, your users will be able to see it but not change it.

0 votes

i Remove in edit screen , but at the same time create screen also not visible that field

Suggest an answer