Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I am workimg on jira server to cloud migration, I am filtering private filters owned by inactive users, I would like to know if this filters effects boards, dashboards and strctures app?

2 comments

Hi @Dasari Sravanthi 

What tool do you have for that ?

Do you have scriptrunner or have access to the  DB with read access ?

Regards

If the filters are private, then it should not affect anything, since no one other than the inactive user would see the output of that filter.

It is only filters that are open to others that can cause mayhem, which is why you should always try to have removing them as a part of offboarding (at least try, not everyone have ironclad offboarding processes :)).

Like John Dunkelberg likes this

I agree with @Jimi Wikman on the private filters.  We also have the problem of people not following the offboarding process for a variety of reasons.  For non-private filters, I've seen some people advertise plugins for that, but otherwise I think the only solution is direct DB queries.  Even then as far as I know there is no way to know whether a board, dashboard, or structure gets regular traffic and thus needs to be preserved or whether it is stale and cluttering up your system.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,959 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events