filters cleanup

Dasari Sravanthi September 21, 2022

I am workimg on jira server to cloud migration, I am filtering private filters owned by inactive users, I would like to know if this filters effects boards, dashboards and strctures app?

3 answers

1 vote
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

If the filters are private, then it should not affect anything, since no one other than the inactive user would see the output of that filter.

It is only filters that are open to others that can cause mayhem, which is why you should always try to have removing them as a part of offboarding (at least try, not everyone have ironclad offboarding processes :)).

0 votes
John Dunkelberg September 22, 2022

I agree with @Jimi Wikman on the private filters.  We also have the problem of people not following the offboarding process for a variety of reasons.  For non-private filters, I've seen some people advertise plugins for that, but otherwise I think the only solution is direct DB queries.  Even then as far as I know there is no way to know whether a board, dashboard, or structure gets regular traffic and thus needs to be preserved or whether it is stale and cluttering up your system.

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Dasari Sravanthi 

What tool do you have for that ?

Do you have scriptrunner or have access to the  DB with read access ?

Regards

Suggest an answer