disable email notification

Juefang Jennifer Zhang January 3, 2020

Hi there,

I would like to disable the email notification for my team. Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

If you are specifying about the project, you can select "None in the Notification Scheme" which will disable outgoing mail notifications to the team, to do this go to a project which you don't want the notification scheme and select "Switch Scheme" at the right top and select "None"

And if user's don't want their changes to be notified suggest them change "My Changes" to "Do not notify me" and Autowatch to "Disabled" settings in the user preferences section of profile page.

Find the steps below.

Notification Scheme Disable.png

Notification Scheme None.jpg

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

You can completely disable outgoing mail on Jira server by choosing the administration cog in the upper right > system > outgoing mail, and clicking the Disable Outgoing Mail button.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi Juefang - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are a lot of notifications that may take place. You can control those through the notification scheme attached to the project. 

See this guidance for more information:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Suggest an answer