Xray implementation in Jira projects

Divya Jain March 24, 2020

Hi guys,

I am new to Xray,but using Jira since a long time.

I want some suggestions regarding using Xray in your current projects.

How basically a project should be like?

Should there be a separate project for Requirements, Epics, Stories and another for Test management related issues like Test, Test Set, Test Plan, Test Execution?

2 different project keys will be used.

or 

Suppose I have a project for client X, where I was already managing Development stuff, should it be a good idea to add test management in the project itself, so a single project which covers all the way from requirement - testing - reporting

Single project key ( in my opinion, tough to identify issue type with just the issue key)

or

Do you suggest a separate project for each issue type, so that the issue keys themselves represent what kind of issue that is, and can be linked to all projects

Very easy to identify what kind of issue is, with issue key, not sure about managing such kind of vast project.

Please share your experiences.

2 answers

1 vote
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2020

Hi Divya, 

It depends on your perspective. You can organize your projects to best suit your organizational needs. You can keep your current projects separate from Xray, or combine them together.

We have this documentation that details possible use cases:

Xray Project Organization

Best Regards, 

Team Xray 

0 votes
arieli January 27, 2021

Hi,

if I chose to do separated project for requirement (stories, epics..) and different project for tests with all X-Ray issues type and now I have new project of requirement I need to use the same tests project or create new one for the new requirement project?

thanks

Suggest an answer