Workflow Issue unable to set to resolved

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

I need to set the resolution for two statuses "released" and "will not do" to resolved. I am unable to figure out how to do this.

5 answers

1 vote
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

Hi @elizabeth_jones 

Have you confirmed that a transition from these statuses to "resolved" is defined in your workflow?

Share a screenshot of your workflow if you are not able to figure out how to do that?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2020

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, you can set the value a few different ways. One is with a post function. One is with an automation rule (Automation For Jira or ScriptRunner or something similar). And one is using a transition screen with the Resolution field present on the screen. 

It sounds like you used to have that latter but that screen is no longer linked to the transition to the appropriate "Done" status. 

If that's what you want, then edit the workflow, click on the transition, then click Edit.

Add the transition screen there and you should be back in business again. 

But edit the workflow in Diagram mode and not Text mode. 

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

Hi @elizabeth_jones ,

You should take a look in this kb: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/bulk-edit-resolutions-in-jira-server-321857142.html

Basically you will need to do the following to bulk change the resolution of all issues that are in Released status, make sure to test with a small set of issue before doing it with all issues and also disable the notification emails for this action in your bulk transition:

1. Edit your Workflow
  2. Create a new transition from Released to Released (it will transition to the same status)
  3. Add a post-function to set the resolution to Resolved in this new transition
  4. Publish the workflow
  5. Bulk transition all issues with no resolution in Released status from your project, to your new transition (In this step I would start with 2 or 3 issues to test if the resolution was set as expected.
    • key in (KEY-123,KEY-1234,KEY-12345) and status=Released and resolution is empty
    • only then you would do for all issues
      • project = yourProject and status=Released and resolution is empty 
0 votes
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

Do I have to use a post-function or some other method? I used to have a check box that was accessible from my project board that would allow me to select "resolved" for a status, but that capability no longer appears available? 

0 votes
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 12.13.17 PM.pngI'm not clear on where to put that transition.

Suggest an answer