Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is Jira (and Confluence) so slow when I'm on a MS Teams meeting?

I've noticed that Atlassian site performance is extremely degraded when I'm also in an MS Teams meeting. Is this an expected behaviour?

It becomes extremely difficult to run daily stand-ups when our Jira Dashboards and Tickets are taking a very long time to load. Most of the time spent in our stand-ups are spent waiting for Jira to completely load the ticket. >.<

1 comment

I have seen similar things a few times over the last few weeks (most of the Adaptavist clients I am usually engaged with use Zoom or Slack, but I'm currently embedded with clients who do a lot of MS-Teams)

There seems to be something about Teams that chews up our bandwidth for no reason I can see.  While this is not an issue for just having the chat with people, it does mess up the multi-tasking.

My best guess on what you are seeing is "MS-Teams is clobbering your network, so other stuff has no chance"

A very easy test (which worked really well for me last Thursday) - try Zoom, or Slack, or something/anything else for the meeting while you update your Atlassian stuff.  You will probably find it works better when Teams is not hogging your network.

Like # people like this

I also see massive slowdown of Jira while in a Teams conference. This is particularly annoying when the Teams meeting is about explaining (and marketing) Jira...

I'm on an 10 Gbit/s FTTH link, bandwidth is limited by WLAN (=> ~ 0.5 Gbit/s). During those extreme slowdowns, I still measure 0.2 to 0.3 Gbit/s remaining bandwidth. Even if Teams is responsible for eating a massive and completely irresponsible 0.3 Gbit/s, shouldn't the remaining 0.2 Gbit/s be enough for Jira? Hey: It's a Webpage showing some text!

Yes, it should, Jira generally isn't that intensive, but it seems like Teams just kills everything when its running.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

178 views 4 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you