• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What's the best way for presenting existing feature requests to internal stakeholders within Jira? Edited

Hey there!

We're reviewing some processes at our organization and I believe the way we track and display our product feature requests could benefit from a refresh! I'd love to hear ideas or implementations that have worked for other organizations.

Background:

We make software products. We collect feature requests internally, primarily from our customer-facing teams who submit feature requests on behalf of the customers they represent, but also occasionally from our Product team.

Often, we have redundant requests or similar requests, and refinement takes a long time. The requesting teams are responsible for browsing already submitted requests before submitting a new ticket, but this process is time-consuming and often difficult for individuals not as familiar with navigation and querying in Jira.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to make that part simpler.

Other information that may be relevant:

• Our feature request project is not currently a Jira Service Desk project, although we have JSD.
  • The feature request tickets are only viewable internally to employees and not to customers.
  • We may be open to a complete process re-design if one is required to enhance visibility of these tickets. (So get weird with your ideas! An overhaul is welcome in this case).
  • We use Jira Software and Confluence, as well as the Structure for Jira app. I'm mentioning that as I think there may be an opportunity to use this in our improved ticket visibility design, whatever that ends up being.

Goal:

The teams responsible for submitting feature requests and our product stakeholders can access a resource where they can quickly find existing feature requests submitted, identify related requests, and pull reports on feature request metrics without requiring strong JQL skills.

Conclusion:

Please let me know if you have any ideas, or if you solved a similar issue at your organization. Displaying searchable issues in Confluence pages, Jira Dashboard gadgets, Kanban Boards, Structure -- I'm open to consider any ideas! Thanks for your thoughts.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,184 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you