What are your favorite resources to stay in tune with ever-changing Team Managed Projects?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

While I have been in and around Atlassian products, particularly Jira and JSM, for many years I have only dabbled a bit with Team Managed Projects previously known as Next-GEN. I have always been intrigued by TMP but I’ve never really adapted them for my use. They’ve always seemed a bit limiting to me but I’m always impressed with the continued feature growth on these projects and look forward to the day that I’m ready to take the leap.

I would love to hear from those that are actively using TMP to understand the resources that help you stay current with these ever-changing projects. If you have some links to some Atlassian or external articles I would love it if you would share them here. 

2 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

My favorite resource is to use Company-managed or JWM projects and not use Team-managed projects.  But I am probably missing the point here.  :-)

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

John, John, John you have to be more open minded here! 😂

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

HAHAHA - true! Those projects just don't mesh well with how we are setup here. I love the ease of use though.

But I will say that the roadmap with Team Managed related functions is very helpful:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen?_ga=2.104316484.513035551.1586779195-1313086432.1576012938#intheworks

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Two things I am doing:

• When we create a new automation for Jira rule in a company-managed project (CMP), I re-implement it in a test, team-managed project (TMP).  That helps head off any challenges/differences/learnings before a team using using a TMP needs the rule to help them.
  • I check the public backlog for new TMP defects/suggestions to pre-emptively learn of any gotchas

Best regards,

Bill

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events