Velocity is not reflected for last sprint ended 7th Aug 2019 on JIRA

Arpita Sengupta August 14, 2019

1Price Sprint '2019-07-24 PRAGUE' ended on 7th August and the green bar (completed) is not reflected on the velocity chart for this sprint. It is showing only the gray bar (Commitment). https://issues.corp.rapid7.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=931&projectKey=APPS&view=reporting&chart=velocityChart Need help.

13 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

An issue can go through more than one sprint, so I suggested a look at all the possible values - the single value you've got there is clear.

This issue does not look "done" to me.  Is "User Testing" in the last column of the board?

0 votes

APPS-2429

Resolution: Unresolved

Story Points: 3

Sprint: 2019-07-24 PRAGUE

What is sprint value(s)?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

I can't solve this without knowing how your data got damaged (if it is)

Could you pick on one of those issues and go to the plain issue view.  Can you check what status, resolution, story point and sprint value(s) you have for it?

0 votes

No, I haven't done anything. Do you have any solution for this?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

None of the missing issues in the sprint report appear to have a status, which implies something has really done a LOT of damage to your Jira data.

You haven't touched the database or run scripts that might affect these issues?

0 votes

That is the problem and I need help because we closed all those tickets before closing the sprint (JIRA doesn't allow to close a sprint without closing the tickets). That is not reflecting on the report. There is something which went wrong due to which the report is incorrect.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

That helps, it makes sense.  It says you only completed the first three issues (the defects), and none of them have any story points.  So there's no estimate to complete.

0 votes

1Price Velocity.PNG

Velocity chart doesn't show it. No Green bar, only the Gray one.

0 votes

Sprint report.PNGThough the tickets are not showing that completed status on the report.

0 votes

issues in sprint.PNGAll the tickets were moved to Stage Ready column before closing the sprint.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

Hmm, is should let you insert smaller pictures here, with the camera icon (there is a maximum size, but it's smaller than most screenshots, so you may need to resize it down a bit)

But, don't worry much about pictures.  What I'm really looking for is to know what issues you think should be hitting the completed bar and some of the detail on them.  Specifically,

is the status they are included in the last column on the board?

do they have open sub-tasks?

are any/all of them sub-tasks?

0 votes

Yes, I can show. This space is not allowing me to upload the screenshots. How will I show?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

We can't see all your data, we are end-users of Atlassian stuff with no access to your system.

However, can you show us the issues for the sprint on the board?  What issues are in the right hand column?

Suggest an answer