Using "updated > startOfDay()" for JQL query

danielmaycock September 24, 2021

Hi folks,

I am trying to do a query that would show the latest comment for a story (w/o having to go into each individual story.)

Alex very kindly suggested I use this

updated > startOfDay()

for my query and just wondering:

Do I need to put anything in the () qualifier?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

No, you don't need anything in there.

But it can be useful.  I don't actually know if it can do absolute dates, but it will accept relative ones - things like +3 or -5, for "three days in the future" and "five days ago".

If you leave it blank, it simply assumes "now"!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

The updated date covers almost every change you can make to an issue - any field edit, a transition, comment, etc.  It's only really external info that isn't really on the current issue that is ignored (changes in linked pull requests, someone adds a link from another issue to the current one, etc)

0 votes
danielmaycock September 27, 2021

Hi Nic, 

Thanks a lot.  Wondering (if you know) if it just picks up ANY activity, i.e. change of assignee?  Specifically, I'm trying to find out what the last comment was (avoids me having to go into each individual story to see status.)

Thanks!

Suggest an answer