Updating fields when an issue is linked (Automation)

afsal nazar September 8, 2020

I'm trying to update a custom field which updates using automation when an issue is linked.

Example:

1st Condition: When I link a bug ticket containing words "UAT Bug" then the counter in the linked issue (which is a story ticket) increments by +1. So if there are 10 bug tickets meeting previous mentioned condition, then the story ticket increments everytime and shows me 10.

I have done this using the automation rule below (screenshot attached).

2nd Condition: Now I have further added another condition to ensure that the story ticket counter doesnt increment when the linked issue is a task, epic or bug which doesn't contain "UAT Bug". (see bottom half of the screenshot)

Problem: The first condition works perfectly fine until i link an issue that matches the second condition. After this, the rule only executes the second condition. Is there a correct way to do this?

Untitled.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2020

Hi @afsal nazar  - I am confused as to why you added the second condition at all? If it doesn't match the first condition it will do nothing, which is what it sounds like why you are adding the second condition. 

What is not working in the first condition that would make you want to add the second condition?

Suggest an answer