Unable to view issue details when filter applied on scrum board

Jacki Kientzle April 12, 2022

On one of our scrum boards, when viewing an active sprint...

• When no filter is applied, it works correctly. We can see the details of an issue either in the sidebar or as pop up.  
  • But when we filter by a person, nothing happens when we click to see details.  
    • Refreshing the browser does not help.  
    • Closing the browser does not help.  
    • The problem is consistent and can be recreated every time on one of our scrum boards, but is occurs on other boards, but is less consistent, but still very frequent. 

7 answers

0 votes
Jacki Kientzle April 13, 2022

Trudy, thank you for helping to investigate this.  I heard back from support, it is a confirmed bug: JSWCLOUD-18882 

We almost never assign parent tasks because the whole Team works on the parent, and they self-assign the subtasks so they can swarm on the story, so I didn't pick up on the fact that the issue does not occur if the parent has an assignee.

The workaround is this: if you are using a mouse and click it with the scroll button, it will open the issue in another tab.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Hm, I have not been able to recreate this.

I am also on a Mac, and using Chrome, and have Jira Admin permissions

0 votes

I opened this support case: JST-752404

0 votes

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 2.24.09 PM.png

I'm on a Mac.  I've tried using Safari and Chrome.  Same results.  Others on my team are on PC's and having the same issue.

I have admin permissions, others to do not.  

It occurs when using the built-in avatar filters. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Can you provide any screen images of what you see?

When you are filtering by a person, are you using the built in avatars for Assignees or are you using a Quick Filter?

Does it happen regardless of which user is logged in and selecting the filters?

Have you tried other browsers?

0 votes

Thanks for the quick response.  No I haven't opened a support case yet. I'll do that. 

It's occurring in company managed projects.  We aren't using Team Managed projects. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2022

Have you opened a support case with Atlassian Support to get assistance investigating the issue?

Is this occurring on boards for Company Managed projects, Team Managed projects, or both?

Suggest an answer