Unable to drag timeline for issue types if they are not assigned to any sprint.

Pradeep Nakkala January 11, 2022

Hello Friends, 

I have created a new software project and unable to drag the timeline for any issue type except Epic. If the issue type is assigned to any sprint then I am able to do so, but I would like to create a future roadmap with the timelines. Please advise. 

Thanks.

10 answers

1 vote
John Webster October 1, 2023

Go into timeline - select configure timeline and check child entries is selected - its not on by default and you can only drag Epics in

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 3.36.26 pm.png

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Pradeep Nakkala

Use Advanced Roadmaps

0 votes
Mary Omond August 30, 2023

I just had this issue when displaying epics and issues as a timeline. But then I realised that I usually filter the epics and issues by Version. Once I had selected a version (actually I selected multiple), it would let me drag epics and issues up and down.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

Hello @Pradeep Nakkala 

Take a look at this document

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/schedule-issues-in-advanced-roadmaps-according-to-sprints/

Specifically look at step 2.

It appears that with Advanced Roadmaps you can either infer the scheduling of issues based on the sprint or release dates or you can set the option to None (as described in that page) and  use the dates you explicitly set in the issues.

0 votes
Pradeep Nakkala January 12, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M I have used the custom dates , due date field as well but it didn't help me out.

-Pradeep

0 votes
Pradeep Nakkala January 12, 2022

@Pramodh M I am using Advanced roadmaps but still without starting any sprint I am unable to drag the timelines for the issue types.

1.png

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

Let me know if you need assistance in planning those configuration

Please accept the answer on this thread if it has solved you query

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022
0 votes
Pradeep Nakkala January 11, 2022

Thank you, Pramodh for your prompt response.

I would like create a roadmap with timelines, is there anyway I can do it without the sprint dates ?

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

Hi @Pradeep Nakkala 

Welcome to the Community!!

It's not about the start date and end date,

The date it takes is a sprint start date and sprint end date, and if you need to drag the issues, the respective issue should be in a sprint.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer