UI and UX

Mehmet AKGÜN December 23, 2019

How could you make the administration process so hard? Didn't you use it by yourself?

!!!

1 comment

Comment

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2019

Hi @Mehmet AKGÜN

Thank you for joining Community and starting a discussion. As I understand you are not satisfied with some elements of UI in Jira (Cloud?) that makes you (an admin) hard to find specific functions.

May we know what exactly is hard for you? Would be great to include some screenshots that would illustrate the problem that you encourage.

Without this it is really hard to discuss about the whole UI in general.. And things cannot be addressed by development team of needed. 

Looking forward for more information from you. 

Mehmet AKGÜN December 24, 2019

Lots of different screens, it is confusing.

I've gone throug almost every single screen to find the way of adding teammates to my new project. Nope!

I realised that, by chance, there is no need to add the existing teammates to a new project. Ther are added by default. If so, the related screen misrouted me and costed lots of time.

Screenshot_2019-12-24 Atlassian Start page.pngScreenshot_2019-12-24 People - Jira.pngScreenshot_2019-12-24 MP board - Agile Board - Jira.pngScreenshot_2019-12-24 SMRT board - Agile Board - Jira.png

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2019

Yeah. From what I see you are using a FREE Jira Cloud plan which .. have limited permissions features on projects. Everyone added to the side is added as admin by default so in theory seeing everyhing (all projects). That is why it might be confusing.

This plan is new and maybe not everone be aware of the limitations. If so please take a look on this page for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/limitations-in-jira-cloud-free-plans-979432180.html

That is mentioned on your second screen also, but I agree that when logging in into the FREE plan instance would be great to get som information about limitations, so that everyone would be aware of it. There is a room for improvement for sure.

Karina Julissa Buhezo Flores February 26, 2020

Hi @Mirek ,

It is not really that if the version is free or not, to be a platform in the "Help" for management, it does NOT really help but complicates, because it takes time to understand the flow of the platform, it generates information silos by not Understand in a practical and fast way its functionality which can generate the abandonment of the platform. So, more than visual, it is an issue of information architecture and definition of flows without neglecting the importance of understanding that not only the users who enter are recurring users but can also be new to the platform, so the platform should be able to Support both customer journeys.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events