To Do lists in ticket description?

Kevin Verre June 28, 2018

What are some good ways to write To Do lists in your ticket descriptions?

Some tickets have several steps that you don't want to break down into sub tickets.

What I've been doing is using Green Checkmark (/) to show that something is done and Red X (x) to show that something is not yet done. But I don't really love using (x) because it looks more like "This is broken" when really it just might not be attempted yet.

4 answers

0 votes
Paulo Alves June 28, 2018

I agree, that would help for sure. You can propose that for Atlassian, and in the meantime you can import emojis and use them with custom size... I know it's not perfect and it takes more time :)

0 votes

Maybe they could add more little emojis for Checkbox Empty and Checkbox Checked like there are for Green Checkmark (/) Red X (x) Warning (!) Info (i) and Question (?) 

0 votes

I suppose it doesn't have to be in the Description box. But that's my favorite place because it's the easiest place to see what the goal of the ticket is, and then leave notes about what has already been done and what still needs to be done.

0 votes
Paulo Alves June 28, 2018

Hi Kevin Verre,

Is it required to have the To Do list on the description field? Else you could use an app, or create a custom field of type check box.
May be you could use colors for your use case 🙂

Kind regards,
Paulo Alves.

Suggest an answer