Time Tracking report

Rashmi June 27, 2019

I am trying to create a report sprint wise where i can differentiate between original estimate v/s time spent (We are using Tempo ) and get the deviation report. Can you please help?

5 answers

0 votes
Rashmi June 27, 2019

Thanks Tarun and Levente,

I will review the Better Excel plugin and might get back for further query.

Time tracking report provided by JIRA let me download the similar report but it brings all time data related to project. I am trying to find a way if i can export the Sprint column as well which might get possible with Better Excel.

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards,

Rashmi

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2019

Hi @Rashmi ,

As @Tarun Sapra mentioned (thank you!), this is a typical use case for our Better Excel Exporter for Jira app.

Our most popular integration is with Tempo, so it will work with all your Tempo managed information as well.

Please give it a try and see if you can achieve what you need. Also reach out to us if you need any help in customizing your report.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2019

Hello @Rashmi 

For such reporting use-cases I generally use the Better-excel plugin for this purpose. You can configure the template and with some scripting you can easily get the total original estimate and total time spent & then calculate the deviation.

0 votes
Rashmi June 27, 2019

Hello Susanne,

I am not looking for Tempo Report specifically. I am trying to create a report where i can check the deviation for any ticket from original estimate.

Sample Scenario:

I have a 2 week sprint with 7 tickets and the original estimate for all tickets combined is 70 hours. At end of sprint, i have 4 tickets completed, and 3 are still open. Now, when i try to create a report, i should be able to see the deviation in report. Burndown chart will not help here. 

Can you please help?

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

Hi @Rashmi ,

To view a report for a Sprint in Tempo, you will need to create a JIRA filter for the Sprint and safe this filter.

Then use the Tempo Reports, List view and use this filter in the "Filter by " field, set the dates for the Sprint as they are set in JIRA. In the List view dropdown, you can select the "Estimate" field. (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/432801304/Viewing+Reports+-+Tempo+Cloud, please note that this is the documentation for the Cloud version but it is very similar in the Server version). This will give you an overview about the estimate and work that has been done on issues, but will only include issues that work has been logged on in the selected period.

You can then save this filter for future reference (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/190119937/Creating+and+Accessing+Saved+Reports+-+Tempo+Cloud).

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Suggest an answer