Tie Epic from Project to Service management

Kaylyn Rudrow March 8, 2021

How do you tie an epic from a Project to a Service Management issue?

I want to be able to have a service issue come in where I can link it to a Support Request Epic on another project for history.

14 answers

1 vote

Thank you for all of your help!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

I understand completely lol. You might also try submitting a support request to see what they say:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes

Ahhh that makes sense! I was losing my mind over here. Thank you so much.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Ah, that would be why. Next-gen doesn't use the Epic Link field like classic software projects. It uses the Parent field. Not sure if you can make that show on the screen to link it to a non-Next-gen project. I kind of doubt it, but again, you should give it a try. 

0 votes

Software - Next Gen

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

What type of Project is HBAR?

0 votes

I did toggle that and nothing happened. That is the name of the Epic. I have tried the Epic name, key and link and nothing populated. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Maybe click Show done epics?

Also, what type of project is HBAR?

0 votes

Nothing is happening when I add this information

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 12.59.21 PM.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Try typing in the Key for the Epic in the Epic Link field. 

0 votes

Where is this located? When I start typing in an Epic name from another project, nothing is pulling in.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Yes it is - just give it a try.  :-)

0 votes

I am trying to link a Software epic to a Service project, not sure if thats possible to mix project types.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Hi Kaylyn,

You should be able to link any JSM issue to any Classic Software Epic in your instance by putting a value in the Epic Link field.  

Suggest an answer