Set to change the resolution only when the problem status is closed

Jeoung April 6, 2020

I want to set to change the resolution only when the problem status is closed .

How can I do?

2 answers

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2020

I think perhaps you wanted to ask this under Questions not Discussions?

Anyhow... :)

shetty had a good answer, but I would add to it.  If you go shetty's route, you also want to make sure you clear the Resolution with a Post Function if the workflow allows the user to go back to a non-closed status, such as Reopen.

That way you only have a Resolution on actually closed issues.  Unless you wanted to know it was already closed before or something like that.

You could also do the first step shetty mentioned: removing the resolution field from screens.  Then set the resolution automatically with a Post Function whenever a user transitions to a closed status.

For example, if you have a Closed button/transition, you could set the resolution to Closed.  If you have a Canceled button/transition, you could set the resolution to Canceled, etc.  Just depends on your workflows, resolutions, and users.

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

Remove resolution from edit screen & all workflow screen 

add screen to workflow transition to closed & have resolution field in that screen & make it mandatory by validation option.

In this way resolution can be set only while the ticket gets transitioned to closed status

& make sure that no post-function is there to set the resolution as done specially closed transition

Suggest an answer