Service Now to Jira Service Desk Migration

z027827 March 8, 2020

Hi Team,

I have a proposal from one of our project team wants to migrate from servicenow to JSD since they are using L1 L2 and L3 tasks in service now and they want to move to new ticketing tool to Jira Service Desk. 

What are the steps that i have to perform in-order to this process? 

Could you please share any documentation available for "Service Now to Jira Service Desk Migration" process. 

What are the challenges will be facing during this Migration Process?

Thanks

Naveen 

3 answers

1 vote
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

Hi,

In order to migrate/replicate the servicenow  in JSD you have to do the following actions:

1.Recreate enviroment from servicenow  to JSD (fields, status, screen)

2.MAke a list with user that are Agents and Customers from servicenow  and add them into Jira JSD ( be aware that you pay only for Agents license)

3.Make a CSV export from servicenow  with all issues and map them one to one in JSD . Be aware to create in JSD the same fields that you have in servicenow.

For L1, L2, L3 you can create a custom field dropdown single selection.

0 votes
BHARGAVI YARAVA October 13, 2020

How we can do the Field mapping from Servicenow to Jira service desk . please explain me steps or documentation.

0 votes
Mahesh Kallepalli June 28, 2020

@Cristian Ionescu 

How comments and attachments will be migrated if you have any idea on this please update me.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh.

Suggest an answer