SQL server port changes.

vashim shekh January 20, 2020

Hell,

we have using jira software 6.4v and 8.2v also and my organisation needs to change SQL server port 1433 to 1754 /1757 Port. there is non compliance from bank side. suppose they will change SQL port so how we can configure into JIRA application server. 

please suggest..

Regards

vashim shekh

6 answers

0 votes
vashim shekh January 21, 2020

Thanks its working ,  and i made this my day i got the appriciation from client thanks.

Regards 

Vashim shekh

Indian

0 votes

Thanks its working ,  and i made this my day i got the appriciation from client thanks.

Regards 

Vashim shekh

Indian

0 votes

Hi All ,

Regards 

Vashim shekh

Indian

0 votes

Lets try we can update but let me suggest check there is no impact our existing running data.

please confirm. if possible.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

For Jira, the database connection details are in <jira home>/dbconfig.xml

Stop Jira, get your database people to change the listening port on the database side, edit the dbconfig.xml so that it uses the new port and restart Jira.

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi @vashim shekh 

If the database port is updated, you can update it on the JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml file which is Jira's database configuration file. 

Suggest an answer