Resolution unresolved

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2022

Hi,

i have tried to make resolution status resolved, but even though I have made postfunctions for transition to DONE, resolution still keeps showing as unresolved.

Which actually brings a lot of problems, because "reports" in that time shows, that there are no resolved issues, which is actually incorrect.

Any ideas?

Thanksunresolved.png

17 answers

1 vote
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

I have solve that changing ou settings.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

You said "I have added resolution to all steps (create, edit, view) ", which reads as you entering a resolution when you create the issue.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

You said you are resolving issues as they are created.  That's broken data.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

That automation is not fixing the duff data you are putting in, it's just doing what a post-function would do at certain times.

It doesn't repair the broken data you are putting in.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

Argh, NO, that's exactly the wrong thing to do.

You are now resolving all your issues as they are created or edited, so you've made a complete nonsense of all Jira's reporting on open and closed issues.

You should only put the resolution field on screens used in transitions that move an issue into a closed status.  You should have a post function to clear it on "re open" transitions.  

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

You have control over your workflow, if it is incorrect, it means one of your admins has introduced a problem into it (or neglected something if they created if from scratch)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2022

Value is the content of the field (when it has one).

So you are saying your post-function is not working.  Could we see the configuration of it - both the summary in the workflow edit where all the post-functions are listed, and the content of the post-function (when you edit it from the summary)

1 vote
Jason M. April 18, 2022

Check one of the ticket histories for any updates to Resolution after moving ticket to closed status. Also check the transition post function for any errors after closing a ticket.

If there's no update for Resolution, either your workflow + post function was not published (as stated above), or perhaps you set the post function on the wrong transition. 

Also what post function are you using? I typically use the standard "Update Issue Field" method to set Resolution.

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2022

It did help actually. Thanks

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2022

Does your post function set the resolution to a value?  Have you published the workflow (if you were editing an active workflow, it goes into a draft mode, not changing the original until published)

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2022

Yes at the first time I have put it into create as well - i thought, that if it is not there, that it might be issue, but then I quickly realized, that reporter can choose the resolution and that is not what you want.

So I have stick it only to Edit and View - i still dont know though, what resolve screen does. But i have never used it, so i guess not much?

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2022

No, no, no I did not mean it this way. I am resolving issues as they are transitioned to any of DONE statuses.

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2022

I don´t understand what you mean? What broken data? 

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2022

Snímek obrazovky 2022-06-23 123037.pngActualy I am not, because I have only put the resolution field in the screens and set this automation.

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2022

I have added resolution to all steps (create, edit, view) and set automation, which is changing it for any request when it comes to certain fields. Which solved my issue.

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

Yeah, since I am the admin I will have to go through it all, but to be honest I do not have a clue, why it would not work.

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2022

Hey, I have checked previous older requests and in history there is not even a mention about Resolution. Which brings me to my other question: if my workflow is incorrect how is it possible? Because I know for a fact, that the issue is in our DONE status, even though it is called somehow. What can be wrong in this case?

Thanks

0 votes
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2022

I have published workflow, post function is set to resolved. Not sure what you mean by value?

Suggest an answer