Resolution for tickets with Statuscategory = In progress

Madhu Reddy May 30, 2022

Hello,

We have added Resolution field to Transition screen. As we add Resolution field to transition screen it is automatically made as mandatory field ( usual behavior ).

We have selected resolution while changing the status and still the resolution is not reflected in the tickets. Is this the known behavior  ?

Can we set resolution for In Progress state(status Category) tickets ?

Thanks in Advance

Madhu

5 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Do you have the actual screen the user sees? This is apparently just the administrator view. 

0 votes
Madhu Reddy June 3, 2022

Hi @John Funk 

Attached the screenshot of my transition screen. 

Resolution Transition Screen.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of your transition screen? 

0 votes
Madhu Reddy June 2, 2022

hi @John Funk Firstly, Thanks for the response.

Yes, The resolution field is on the transition screen and I put a value and processed the screen, and the Resolution field is not updated. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

Hi Madhu,

You should not be setting the Resolution for In Progress category tickets - in my opinion. You can, but that isn't good practice. 

So, you are saying that the Resolution field is on the transition screen, and you put a value in the field and process the screen, but it does not update the Resolution field? 

Suggest an answer