Repated Issue across all my projects

Diego Barca February 1, 2019
Hello, i’m new using Jira, i have created and configured a project in order to use it as a template for other projects
After that, i created a new project but sharing the configuration and copied the board from témplate project and assigned to the new project. However, when i create an issue in my new project, the same issue appear in the template project. I jus want to avoid this, can some one helps me?

4 answers

0 votes
Diego Barca February 7, 2019

Hello Prakash, it did result, thanks!

0 votes
Prakash Palanisamy February 2, 2019

Oh. Okay @Diego Barca. I understand that the issue you created in new project has tagged with the project key as of the template project and the issues you created appears in both the board. 

I suspect that both the board filters might include two projects name or key. If not while creating the issue you should notice that the project name is newly created project’s name(Jira by default while creating the issue it takes the recently worked project’s name). Please notice those and see it if this happens again. If so please create the support zip and reach Atlassian for any help further.

-Cheers, Prakash

0 votes
Diego Barca February 2, 2019

Hi Prakash, thanks for your answer! I think that is not a filter problem. I´ll try to be more clear. I created a project called ¨Plantilla Proyecto Completo¨, in this project I created a board, the workflow, workflows scheme, etc. The idea was to use this project as a template for other similar projects and to avoid the initial configuration needed. 

Then, I created an example project in order to check it, the new project´s name is ¨ArNic1¨. After I created this project, I copied the board from the template project and I associated to the new project ArNic1. 

When I create the first issues, I can see a first problem, the code name of each issues is PPC-1, PPC-2, related to ¨Plantilla Proyecto Completo¨ (the template project) instead of the new project ArNic1

Consequently, in new project´s board appear these issues but appear too in the board of the template project.

Please let me know if I am not being clear

Thanks!

Diego

0 votes
Prakash Palanisamy February 1, 2019

Hi Diego,

I'm assuming that your question is that the issues from old Jira project appears in the new Jira project board.

If that is the case, you have to modify the filter query used for this board in Board Administration by adding the new project's name in the filter query(This will list both project's issue in the board). Else if you want only the new project's issue to be viewed in Jira board, you can create a new filter for that and you can create a new board in the new project by placing the newly created filter.

If that is not the case, please elaborate the issue I can help accordingly.

Cheers! Prakash

Suggest an answer