Remove status from all issues

Lina Papadopoulou June 2, 2022

Hi,

We have rearranged our workflow in Jira Kanban and want our columns to be status-free, most of them have status atm and it just confuses our new outlook.

How do we delete the status on each issue without ruining the workflow and the columns that the issues are in now?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards
Lina

6 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Great! Glad I could help. 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi Lina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no reason to have a column if there is no status in it. You will not be able to move a card into the column if there is no status there as that is how cards move into a column - they are mapped to the status in the column. 

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

I do not understand the question. Maybe you could draw the layout you are looking for. 

0 votes

Hello @John Funk

Thank you for your answer! It certainly made it more clear.

0 votes

Thank you for your fast reply!
So in each column every issue must have a status? They cannot just be placed under a column?

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Although I don't totally understand the question, there is no such thing as "delete our status on each ticket".

In Jira, a ticket is an issue and each issue must have a status. You can move it to a new status, but status is a non-null value, can't be deleted.

Suggest an answer