Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Prompt for confirm when clicking Cancel button on comment

I think this used to exist in previous JIRA version. In the new UI, if you hit the cancel button the comment is removed. And because the Cancel button is very close to the Submit button, often you can miss click and instead of hitting the Submit button you click the Cancel button.

Imagine the frustration (and decrease in productivity) when you have spent 30 minutes to write a huge comment with tech details and formatting etc, and accidentally you hit the Cancel button instead of the Submit button.

I think that the user should be prompted to confirm if they want to cancel their comment, eg. some message like 'are you sure that you want to cancel the comment all text will be erased'.

I believe there will be  a few more people that this has happened to them at least once, and is not just me.

Please discuss this internally and apply this change, it's going to save many peoples' time from re writing accidentally deleted comments.

3 comments

1 million times yes. no documentation for our server migration happening tonight. I am not writing that again.

Please add a prompt or even move the Cancel button across? They're so dam close.

Like # people like this

This had just happened to me. Was writing a comment but accidentally clicked cancel and had to rewrite the whole thing again. Would really like this UI issue to be fixed to avoid similar problems in the future.

I couldn't agree more with any of the above. Legitimately they're way too close. Why not simply put them on opposing sides? Or at least prompt when clicking cancel and there's any content. 

Like briank likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

139 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you