Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium, Server, Cloud = Confusion

Douglas Bain February 3, 2021

I have been using Atlassian products for 10+ years.  For the bulk of this time, I have been responsible for a small (<50) team of software developers.   Now, I am responsible for 1000 staff, and am keen to continue to work with Atlassian products. 

The licensing rules, budget planning, predictability and feature alignment to our business are a car crash to me.

If you want to use products like JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk and Insight - you need to use the Server products.   Functionality is not sufficiently up to scratch with the Cloud products.   That much is understood.  I want to use the Cloud products, but they have lagged Server product functionality. 

As of yesterday - 2nd Feb 2021, I cannot buy Server products.  I have a 3 year window of support that I can migrate to Cloud. 

The question is - how much is that going to cost me? 

Now, throw into the mix Premium.   Which side of the license bar will new features appear (between Standard and Premium).  If we wait until the Server products mature to Cloud to allow us to migrate across, will they be Premium products or Standard products?  

The NextGen Roadmap feature is really nice.  But seems to have halted new developed in favour of Advanced Roadmaps..  Advanced roadmaps is only part of Premium.  Switching to Advanced Roadmaps over Roadmaps would double our costs. 

So - for 1000 users in 2022 - what should I budget? Will I be in Server, on Cloud, on Premium for 1000 users, on Premium for 10 user (that require Advanced Roadmaps)??? 

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hey Douglas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I hear ya! I don't deal with server so it's a little more straight forward for me. But still the juggle of Premium versus Standard. 

Best I can tell you is to map out exactly what you want to get a price quote on as a start and work from there. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events