Plutio conversion to Jira

nicole jacob March 30, 2021

Hello everyone,

We just switched to Jira because Plutio just was not cutting it. We have about 5 months worth of info in Plutio we are trying to bring over to Jira. I did a CSV export from Plutio and tried the import CSV on Jiras end. Could not get it to map correctly. It kept saying we had conflicting project names - which we deleted everything and then tried like 10 more times.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Hi Niki, welcome to the community

I've seen you've posted a couple of similar questions before, and I'd like to apologise for not picking them up.  As an explanation (not an excuse though), the community sees a lot of traffic and I think there's a lot of "I'm not sure, so I'll hope someone else who is more sure picks it up, and I'll go answer something I know I can".

So,

One of the obscure things about Jira is that it does not allow re-use of project names or keys.  You can get around the project name easily, as it's a simple string, so adding a space, a comma, a full-stop, or even just (de)capitalising a word.  Plus, later, you can go back and edit it!.  But the project Key has no real workaround.  

This is because Jira assumes you might have moved issues from the project, and to support that, it needs to retain the record of the project, even if you've deleted it.  You might have issues that have come from it, and you may have people who have bookmarked items within it.

I don't think that's particularly valid - if it were up to me, I'd write code that checks the "moved issue" table better and only block key reuse if there really was a move, rather than just block it because there might have been.

That ramble given, I think you only have two options

• Modify the names so they do not clash
  • Start clean, get a new site with nothing that can be clashed with

Suggest an answer