Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Need to configure Gmail with JIRA

Hello,

I Need to configure Gmail with JIRA i need a help regarding this in OAuth2.0 Configuration.

Thanks

2 comments

Hi @talha ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I think it's marked as Jira Software Cloud.

Is it for Jira Server? If yes, you can check this - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/allowing-oauth-access-939938965.html.

Thanks for the replay. But it does not fullfil my need. Please help me in configuring my Gmail with the JIRA for issue creation.

Thanks

Where are you stuck?

I have a very very simple Jira (and Confluence and Bitbucket) Cloud with Gmail working fine for me just by filling in the fields they asked for when I tried to set it up. So, I can tell you it works in a simple case.  So I think we need to know what is not quite so simple about your case?

Hello,

I am trying to add my Google account with JIRA but problem is it always add with basic authentication type. i want it with OAuth2.0, Can you please guide my how to enable my mail server with OAuth2.0 and what steps i am missing.

Help needed.!

Thanks

All you have to do to get Jira to use Gmail is fill in the fields it asks you for.

Could you tell us where you are stuck with this?

I added the field for incoming email option. but when i add the Gmail it will add account with basic authentication type. i want it to add with OAuth2.0. How i add my email as OAuth2.0?

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

15,016 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you