Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Shaun Sheehan December 12, 2019

Hello, Atlassian Community! 

I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics. 

What creative metrics (Jira data or other), have you used with your teams in the past?  What ideas do you have for new metrics that might be fun or interesting to reflect on? 

Here are just a few from my brainstorm:

• # issues opened vs resolved
    • for fun: if each resolved issue were printed on letter-size and laid end to end, how far would that chain reach
  • count by issue type
  • quickest/longest turnaround
  • oldest ticket
  • # releases or # commits
  • Top 3 reporters (by count)

7 comments

Comment

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

I don't know how data-supported this was, but a team I was on a few years ago did informal "night owl" and "early bird" pins to recognize people when they were working really hard outside normal hours! (Not in a way that was encouraging everyone to work all the time, but in a genuinely appreciative way.)

Like # people like this
lebert December 13, 2019

je suis contant que mon sofward vous soie utile avec mon developement d'entreprises

je me porte de vos affaire comme garant sur un cour terme les compte sont aux plus pendant que d'autre roule sur des dollars ,mois petit français je fait partit de la propriètès universelle ...a mon regrée 

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Yes, you can use JQL filters and charts to get all this data, and put it in a Dashboard.

It will be fun to look at those reports - one year in review ! :)

Kendis Team
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 16, 2019

Yes

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Great idea @Shaun Sheehan !

How about:

• Something related to your "Resolution" values.  I always find useful tidbits in there.  For example, high or low counts for "duplicate" or "can't reproduce" or "invalid" selections always make me want to learn more.
  • Most comments on a single issue
  • Most participants on a single issue
  • Most egregious or oldest bug/request remedied/addressed
  • Most expensive bug/request (most work logged on an issue)
  • Most impactful bug/request (money saved or value generated)  
  • Least used elements/schemes (So you can consolidate or clean them up in 2020!)  Ex: 
    • Statuses
    • Components
    • Workflows
    • Projects
    • etc.

Fun stuff...I love data!

Good luck with your report,

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Most participants and users tagged would be interesting, especially if you're trying to resolve issues with as few hand-offs as possible.

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2019

Hi @Shaun Sheehan 

You can try to focus on users .. for example:

• find users who are making many slow queries (that can be later optimized), 
  • check who is making many sessions
  • check who is generating the biggest REST API traffic (for example from IDE)
  • find users that are have many logins
  • get top 3 assignees
  • check who is logging time on tickets
  • who created most of the sub-tasks
Shaun Sheehan January 13, 2020

I love the creativity and diversity in thought in the suggestions you all are coming up with!

sureshksuresh95 January 26, 2020

Great idea.!

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Or Maybe some "negative" metrics like

Duration of last Login (in my instance I have found users with last Login April 2019)

Count the less user logins

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events