Making users inactive when they were leads of old projects/components

Pedro Zabala January 27, 2020

I am starting to struggle to understand this side of JIRA. We can not close projects in order to keep the project history apparently. However, because of that we need to change permissions to hide the project and change all leaders that we want to inactivate, or change actions/comments of users if we ever want to delete that user. 

So we need to change the whole project MANUALLY before we hide it in the background. This is a pain (and a complete waste of time) for administering projects and users. 

Please tell me that my understanding is wrong and help me to inactivate my user who is component lead on few old projects. 

(Hosting JIRA in our own server)

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

@Pedro Zabala ,

Nope... you understand it correctly and it is a PITA. I run into this on a regular basis. You actually just spurred me to start rooting around on the Marketplace to see if there is an app that helps this. I find this very thing to be time consuming when someone embedded in a LOT of things (project lead on several, component lead on more) that prevent me from deactivating. I end up having to just bounce them out of the "jira-users" group to prevent login but that isn't inactive.

At least Jira tells you how many manual things to do when you try to deactivate a user....

Suggest an answer