Log time as a user for bunch of people

Laleh Mousavi October 8, 2021

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a feature to log time simultaneously for more than 2 people?

Regards,

Laleh

6 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2021

Is this a one time effort, or something you will have to do repeatedly?

You might look at using the CSV import feature to import Work Log entries. Refer to the information under the heading "Importing worklog entries" on this page

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of experience using the REST API, so I can't offer you much guidance.

Why are you not able to use the CSV import feature to import the data? The feature should be available to non-admins from the Search Issue screen. If you are not an admin, though, it is possible that more limited Import feature doesn't support importing worklog information.

0 votes
Laleh Mousavi October 14, 2021

Hello Trudy,
I am not able to use the CSV import feature to import Work Log entries however the company recommended " write a script to do using REST calls " option.

Would you please guide me how to use REST as I have never done it before

0 votes
Laleh Mousavi October 9, 2021

This is something I'm going to repeatedly- monthly.

Thanks for your suggestion, I need to get access to some feature as I'm not able import data(CSV file) right now.

Thank you,

Laleh 

0 votes
Laleh Mousavi October 8, 2021

Hello Trudy,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to log time on behalf of other people. it's more than 20 people. what I'm doing right now is to log time for each of them individually which is time-cosuming.

I'm looking for a way to log time for all of them at the same time.

BTW, we are using Data Center.

Regards,

Laleh

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hello @Laleh Mousavi 

Welcome to the community.

Can you describe in more detail the problem you are trying to solve?

Multiple people can use the built-in Log Work feature to log time against the same issue, at the same time. Are you trying to log time on behalf of other people? Are you already using a feature that allows you to do that for up to 2 people? If so, can you describe how you do that?

Also, can you let us know if you are working with Cloud-hosted Jira or Server/Data Center Jira?

Suggest an answer