Listening for field update in create issue dialog

Magnus Ljungkrantz January 19, 2022

New to Jira I am looking for a way to listen for update of the issue type field in the create issue dialog to be able to change the values or options of other fields. Only used ScriptRunner app so far. Do I need some other app? Are there any alternatives to using an app?

2 answers

0 votes
Magnus Ljungkrantz January 31, 2022

Thanks @Alex Kravchuk. We actually already managed to handle update of the issue type using Scriptrunner but, what is even more important, is to be able to listen to change of other fields' values, custom or built-in, in the Create Issue dialog. It does seem like apps exist that support this. Will discuss this with Jira experts in our company but feel free to share any experiences or tips you may have.  

0 votes
Alexander Kravchuk January 29, 2022

Hi @Magnus Ljungkrantz 

If you need this type of behavior only for one issue type, you can try to achieve that using field context (if that's a custom field). Otherwise, you can use Scriptrunner -- here is a link for a similar question that already has an answer: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/can-i-use-the-custom-filed-values-based-on-the-issue-type/qaq-p/1410208

Suggest an answer