Link Issue to be enabled

rajesh_tn January 23, 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

Currently "Link Issue" icon is disabled in JIRA software for all my users.

Kindly help me to fix this. I need to enable Link Issue for the users in my project.

Thank you

Rajesh.TN

Mobile : 7299921799

10 answers

1 vote
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hello,

There 2 steps if needed:

1. Check if issue linking is enable. You need to be admin: type "gg" on your keyboard, then "issue linking". Make sure the option is enable
  2. Make sure that "Link issue" is assign to a role/group in the permission scheme of the project: project setting-> permission scheme

Good luck

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

To access this user requires the credentials so we cant see it.

Check if you can attach the snapshot for the same.

0 votes
rajesh_tn January 28, 2020
0 votes
rajesh_tn January 24, 2020

Unable to attach the screenshot since uploading not working.

0 votes
rajesh_tn January 24, 2020

Yogesh,

Per @elvir.dzeladin I checked and I have permission also. But still not understanding why Link Issue is not working. 

Thanks

Rajesh.TN

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

Share Issue permission and Issue link disable snapshot.

0 votes

Hi

I have given all the permissions and roles/group but still it is not enabled.

Any other suggestions or recommendations

Thanks

Rajesh.TN

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

HI @rajesh_tn 

If your seeing there Deactivate button means already it's enabled.

Currently "Link Issue" icon is disabled in JIRA software for all my users.

Could you please attach the snapshot for the same.

As per @elvir.dzeladin comment, have you checked whether you have the link issue permission or not for the respective project?

To check this, navigate to project settings >> permission scheme and check or you can open the Jira issue and click on the Admin button beside to workflow button and then select the permission helper, select the user and link issue permission and check.

0 votes

Yogesh,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I am new user and  admin access too.

I went to the issue linking option there I can see only deactivate button but no activate button. 

How to activate the issue Link from issue linking screen let me know detail procedure.

Thanks

Rajesh.TN

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

HI @rajesh_tn 

Welcome to the community!

To Enable issue linking you need Jira Admin rights.

If you have then navigate to Jira SEttings > Issues > Issue linking and Activate it.

Suggest an answer