Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira software

sun08 February 16, 2021

If Jira, like other software programs, want the general public to use their software, why dont they try marketting their software, using basic HUMAN language, such as I am doing, here.

Software manufacturers only seem to want to sell, to people with Ph.d's, on computer coding. This includes such sites as weebly, wix, WordPress, and too many other "tools", whose content is written ONLY for Ph.d's.

I ask this question since Jira is putting ads over my e-mail content, and I have to close the "box", to check my mail.

I mean, if I wanted software, I can Google it.

All of this other stuff is, in my opinion, even more "alien" than Russian, Chinese, Klingon, or Romulan.

The creators want people to use the soft ware, but neither the software, nor the user directions, use HUMAN language, not even to explain use.

Why bother sending ads to people who will NEVER understand product use?

After all, maybe about 0.0001%, of the population will use such software.

Why not TARGET sales, to those who understand the tech?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Er, they do.  Much of Atlassians stuff is written in plain English.  It does dip into jargon a little bit, esepcially when there's a lot of detail to go over, but that's understandable.  And it's obviously not a problem for people, you're the first person I've seen a generalised complaint about the language in use (others pointing out poorly written or unclear pages or sets of docs sometimes, but not everything they turn out). 

They've got 130,000 customers with a combined user base measured in tens of millions.  So you should be looking more at 0.1% of the population using it, and they must be doing something right

I'm a little bit lost on what you are reading?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events