Jira pain points

Glen Young May 23, 2022

Hi team,

I find myself quite frustrated by a number of features in Jira that are 1 step short of being useful. My canonical example is velocity and capacity for scrum teams:

- The velocity report provides all the data for the last 7 sprints, but falls short of doing the calculation to determine a squads current velocity

- The squads velocity isn't displayed or present in any other part of the application where the information would be useful. For example when performing sprint planning there's no indication of the squads current velocity let alone factoring in capacity of the squad.

All the data is in Jira, and obviously these things can be produced manually, but computers don't exist for humans to perform manual tasks with them. This sort of stuff is super common in the industry, basically all scrum teams use these sorts of numbers every sprint. I guess I'd just like to see things like this have more priority as personally I think it would have a big impact on process friction and increase the value we get from the product. It seems very backward to have to jump into a spreadsheet all the time to do common things.

Do you have other issues like this, that seem like "doable quick wins" you'd like to highlight?

1 comment

Comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Glen Young

I hear your pain. Unfortunately, you will have to get a plugin from the marketplace because this feature has been requested a long time ago. 

Take a look at eazybi which is the one we use, but there are a bunch of apps that have the same feature.

Link: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/5956-sprints-overview

Regards

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events