Jira Upgrade from 7.3 to latest versions

Vibhu Tayal January 4, 2019

Hi,

I want to upgrade my Jira software which has reached end of life(7.3.0).

So please let me know what version would you guys suggest should i upgrade to.

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

Yes, the upgrade will overwrite all of your changes.

You will need to look at each change you've made to evaluate whether it's still needed (sometimes, tweaks I've applied can go away due to new functionality in the upgraded versions), and how to re-apply it in the newer version.

One thing that usually helps with this is the "system information" page - it has a section that lists all "modified files" in the installation.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

I would be looking at 7.13 - the latest, but also the next "enterprise" release, meaning it will be fully supported for longer than most versions.

You can upgrade from 7.3 to 7.13 directly, without going through other versions.

0 votes
Vibhu Tayal January 4, 2019

Thanks for the quick response but i am also worried about some of the changes that i have made in configuration files for eg.enabling extra loging, increasing jvm size, disabling IPV6 adressing, 

besides that since our jira server is hosted in private network i have also imported Confluence certificate in jira's tomcat and visa versa so does updating the jira version would have any impact on any of such configuration changes.

Thanks

Suggest an answer