Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud not ready for the enterprise

Wayne Fisher January 6, 2021

I have been an advocate for Jira in my company and we recently moved from Server to Cloud. We have 400 users on premium but have had 2 multi hour outages this week.

This is not acceptable for an enterprise app (or really any serious app). The atlassian support org is not serious abut supporting us. This has set back the case for expanding Jira in my org possibly permanently

1 comment

Comment

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Wayne Fisher 

Please can you elaborate on what sort of outages did you have? I've been using Cloud for a long time and I can comfortable say outages that will pose a significant difference are very rare as IT infrastructure or software are never 100% free from errors (now and then) even though you host it yourself. In most cases, it usually affect a subset of users or a feature and not the entire instance. what I think most users on Cloud consider as an outages  are if all the users can't login or the Instance is down for more than 10mins or no one can use the application due to an update or changes done by Atlassian. Given that Atlassian has MTTR, MTBF, you can easily do a calculation of the probability of outages against their SLA uptime of 99.9% for Premium users in a 1 month or even 1 year period or your money back for the duration of the outages. No one can give such guarantees if their words can't back them up.

Therefore, if you could elaborate more on your experience that would give other users here on community more context on what you've experience as feedbacks is what help shapes the product and improve experiences. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events