Jira Automation > Send Microsoft Teams message

Pascal Salm March 8, 2021

Hi there

I'm trying to send a teams message via Jira Automation. I copy and paste the webhook url from my teams channel to jira automation (Send Microsoft Teams message).

The rule is just the quickest way to send any message, so the content doesn't really matter in this case.

test-automation-rule-teams.PNG

I get the following message in the Audit-Log:

Action details:

Send Microsoft Teams message

Error communicating with the API400 - Webhook Bad Request - null or empty eventType

I could not find any hint in the web about this problem. The only thing is, that I already tried it via the global settings > webhooks and it did work, when i created a new issue. But for me it is important that I can use this in the Automation part of Jira Cloud.

Thx for any help and regards,

Pascal

4 answers

0 votes
Brian Swackhamer August 26, 2021

The hook looks correct but have you tried just sending a basic message something with just text and not markups?  I have not tried just mark ups myself but that would validate that issue.  Also I would double check the webhook ending as the start looks correct but the last part you might have missed a character.

0 votes
Pascal Salm March 15, 2021

Any other ideas, why this isn't working?

0 votes
Pascal Salm March 8, 2021

Hi @robert Mugabuhamye 

Oh, thank you for pointing me to this thread, unfortunately didn't find it before. I will check it and see if this also forks for us.

Just to make sure, we are using the cloud version, is setting this property also possible there?

0 votes
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

hello @Pascal Salm you can check @Gareth Cantrell answer here. it solved the issue for us

Suggest an answer