Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Advance Roadmaps' Intrinsic Plan Limits & what to do when you hit them

As you may know, Jira Advanced Roadmaps have intrinsic limits on size of the plans:

• No more than 5,000 issues
  • No more than 100 projects
  • & while there is no set limit on the # of teams best practices are not to use more than 50

I am working with teams to employ architecture from the beginning that works to avoid hitting the plan size limits. However, I have inherited a strategic initiative that is using architecture and work from projects that pre-date my joining the company.

As such, I have several plans that have hit the 100 project limit.

To address this I have been splitting the work into multiple plans.

This is not ideal and my leadership would prefer to have the info in a single plan.

Now even some of my split plans are hitting the 100 project limit.

I have looked excluding work that is "old" and looked at multiple exclusion thresholds, but this does not seem to address the issue either. 

I am interested in hearing how other users have addressed this challenge:

• What other options do I have & what are the Jira Best Practices for addressing this?
  • What are some of the actions taken by users that have had similar experiences?

I appreciate your input.

Have a splendid day!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,955 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events