Jenkins jobs triggering from JIRA not working properly

Devendar Gangapuram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Hi Team,

We have JIRA status change to trigger JENKINS job but for any JIRA field its triggering. We have to restrict to only JIRA workflow status change only. We are using JIRA "web hook" created to trigger this Jenkins job. I have also configured JQL to "Status change" but still its triggering for any all other JIRA fields value changes.

Please see the below screen shots, we have "Environment_Name" and "Deployment_Type" as Drop down fields, so when we chnage any values, the Jenkins job triggering which we do not need this behavior.

Some one please help me to reoslve this issue asap. 

JIRA Drop down - Triggers Jenkins Job.PNG

Thank you,

Dev G

2 answers

0 votes
Devendar Gangapuram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2022

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

I have configured only for status change triggering as shown below.

JIRA Web Hook.PNG

JIRA Web Hook-2.PNG

Please help me to get of this , its blocking our prior work.

Thank you,

Dev G

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

/could you show us how you have configured this?

It sounds like you have set it up to trigger on any change, not just transition.

Suggest an answer