JIRA for Software companies (dev. & Help desk)

Pierre Ammoun August 19, 2017

I am about to embark in the management of my company using JIRA tools.

I have been using trello, Smartsheets,Axosoft , Todoist.Assembla and toodledo.
So I do have some experience with Agile/Kanban.
I have set up JIRA yet I am faced with some "organizational dilemma".
My setup is as follows :
we are 4Developers.
2 fully dedicated to developing
1-Developing + managing the company (tasks/prioirities)
1 Developing + help desk

We are now managing around 30 Customers and we also have our own project (a New software to be launched in 2019)
I got JIRA software + confluence +Service Desk +Tempo Planner.
My question is how to configure JIRA.
1-Do I create a project per customer ? and if yes how to aggregate them later on ?
2-How to link the Service Desk to my project (s) -
If I allow 1 customer to post on JIRA Desk shouldn't that ticket be also showing in the project ?

1 answer

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2018

Hi Pierre,

You can link all the 3 Atlassian products . 

so Confluence becomes the Knowledge base where customers can check for existing issues & solutions before raising a ticket.

For raising a ticket customer uses a ServiceDesk project which has a customer portal through which Agents ( your team) receives Requests.

Based on the Request , say if it involves new feature development you create a Jira Issue ( which is linked to a JIRA Project) . This all the 3 tools works seamlessly .

You need not create projects per customer instead use the Organization feature available in Jira ServiceDesk to group your customer requests.

There is lot of material available on the web for configuring Jira Software & Jira ServiceDesk like the one below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/how-jira-and-jira-service-desk-work-together-754977568.html

Suggest an answer